We are looking to appoint a Contracted Carpenter, working for Belgrade Production Services, to offer freelance carpentry assistance with the building of sets and scenery.
- Various types of scenic construction; wood, metal, plastics, etc.
- Reading and working from scenic construction drawings
- Use of workshop equipment; hand and power tools and major wood, metal, and welding equipment
- Constructing, repairing and modifying stage sets, scenery and furniture for all client builds, as well as all Belgrade Theatre productions, and its associated companies.
- Working closely with the Production and Artistic team, interpreting their requirements to realisation
- Attend as necessary, all technical and fit up periods to ensure quality construction of the sets
- Service and attend as necessary Belgrade productions on tour.
- Submitting time sheets and invoices timeously.
- Assisting the Head of Workshop with the maintenance and safe use of all workshop equipment
- To undertake any other duties which are consistent with the function of the job
- Willingness to embrace the Belgrade Brand Values.
- At least 3 years’ experience of scenery building.
- Appreciation and understanding of all workshop disciplines, including carpentry, metalwork, furniture and property making.
- Demonstrable strong technical skills in set building including ability to use appropriate hand and machine power tools.
- Ability to offer creative solutions to realise a design with available resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fast and efficient working, self-motivation and flexibility
- Ability to work with a wide range of individuals and agencies.
- Numerate and literate.
- Welding skills.
- Clean driving licence.
- Experience of mainstream and community arts activities