The Belgrade Theatre is looking to appoint an Assistant Catering Manager to join their busy Catering Department.
This post is an exciting opportunity for someone wanting to make a supported career move to what is in effect a stand-alone Food & Drink outlet that is fully supported by the Belgrade Theatre, and play a key part of its success.
• At least 3 years’ experience of working within a busy catering environment including bar, café, and conference/events
• At least 1 year successful experience of supervising a team of staff
• A demonstrable ability to
o ensure compliance with Health & Safety and Food Hygiene legislation and working with Environmental Health Officers
o prepare (following instruction), present and sell food and drink
o supervise a team of permanent and casual staff in a busy working environment
o comply with cash handling procedures and use an EPOS system
• An understanding of developing new markets and products in a café and/or bar environment
• A polite, engaging and welcoming persona, and the ability to engage with customers, with good spoken and written English
• A thorough understanding of what makes good customer service and the ability to instil a positive ethos in others
• Energy, flair and enthusiasm;
• Flexibility and willingness to embrace change
• Excellent leader and team worker, supporting the work of colleagues as well as inviting support and input in return.
• Numerate and literate; Computer Literate: Proficiency in the use of Word, Outlook and Excel and wiliness to learn other computer packages used by the theatre
• To be an effective champion of the value of live Theatre
• Willingness to embrace the Belgrade Brand Values to be the people who know and care. The Belgrade’s character is AMBITIOUS: we have energy and drive to deliver excellence across all our work; BRAVE: we celebrate and encourage creativity and innovation in everyone; COLLABORATIVE: we work inclusively to achieve our goals.
• To hold a personal liquor license
• Food Hygiene Level 2
• First aid at work