The Belgrade is looking to recruit Casual Catering Assistants to help with the preparation, presentation and sale of food and beverages in the Belgrade’s cafe and bars in addition to events and conferences.
- To assist in the general preparation and serving of food and drinks to the standard required
- Work as part of a team to achieve the highest standards of customer service
- To deal with customers at all times in a friendly, helpful and efficient manner
- To assist in carrying out evacuations procedures
- To ensure that all front of house areas are kept clean and tidy
- To have full knowledge of the food and drinks on sale
- Follow the correct procedures for preparing and presenting food and drink
- To clear tables as required and stock/replenish counters and service points
- To be responsible for carrying out your duties in a safe and hygienic manner in compliance with all company and statutory policies, procedures and practices
- Bring to the attention of the line manager/supervisor as appropriate, any significant issues affecting the health, safety and welfare of any employees or customers in the area you work in or are responsible for
- Complete any specified cleaning schedules for the area you work within and completing the correct documentation weekly
- To work within the Theatre’s Environmental Policy
- To work within set cash handling procedures
- To undertake any other duties which are consistent with the function of the job including attending staff meetings and training courses
- To develop an understanding of the Belgrade Theatre brand
- To work at all times within the Theatre’s Equal Opportunities Policy, and especially to create and maintain equality of access for local people within an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect.
- To adhere to the completion of any company documentation pertaining to Health and Food Safety as required
- To act as ambassador for the Theatre in general
- Experience of working in a busy customer focused environment
- A strong and positive communicator
- Engaging and welcoming, especially under pressure
- Good attention to detail, especially with regards to maintaining levels of cleanliness and speed of service
- Energy, flair and enthusiasm;
- Flexibility and willingness to embrace change
- Excellent team worker, supporting the work of colleagues as well as inviting support and input in return.
- To be an effective champion of the value of live theatre and be interested in the work that the Theatre is producing and presenting
- Willingness to embrace the Belgrade Brand Values to be the people who know and care.
- Experience of working in a bar or café
- Experience of accurate cash handling
We operate a rolling programme of recruitment for our Catering team.