The Belgrade Theatre is looking to recruit a Chairperson or co-Chairs of the Board of Directors.
The post=holder/s will work collaboratively with the Board of Trustees to provide strategic leadership to the executive in establishing the Theatre’s aims, objectives and priorities with care, diligence and honesty.
The Chairperson will need the following skills, knowledge and abilities
• A track record that demonstrates flair and vision.
• A demonstrable commitment to good corporate governance.
• A track record in forging and maintaining corporate relations with business and
appropriate agencies in government and the public realm.
• A commitment to the quality of the Belgrade Theatre’s programme of work and its
place in the community.
• A commitment to Coventry and its cultural development, particularly in the
• A strategic understanding of financial planning and deployment and the legal
context within which the Belgrade Theatre operates.
• A demonstrable understanding and commitment to meeting and embedding
inclusive working practices and environment.
• An understanding of, or a willingness to learn more about, working with funding
bodies on a regional or national level.
• An effective networker with good contacts with local business, civic authorities and
representatives, theatre and performance communities or the demonstrable ability
to generate these networks.
The Chairperson will be appointed for an initial term of three years, with the potential to hold office for a further term. The position of Chairperson is voluntary but reasonable expenses will be met. It is possible for 2 persons to share this position.
For more information, please download the Application Pack below. To apply, please submit a brief CV and covering letter outlining your interest in this position, plus a copy of our Equal Opportunities Form (see below) to email@example.com.
Deadline for Applications: Mon 11 Jan, 5pm