We are looking for three Creative Associates within the fields of lighting, sound and set/costume to join our three-year Creative Associate Programme.
Our Creative Associates programme forms part of our co-creation approach and will support three emerging, diverse, creatives.
The programme will provide training and mentoring opportunities and, by year three, the opportunity for creatives to lead on a Belgrade flagship production. During their time at the Belgrade, the Creative Associates (ideally from the Global Majority) will be given hands-on experience and professional development of their chosen craft.
The three placements are in the following fields:
This is a three year paid training and development programme. The successful Creative Associates will each receive:
• An approximate annual salary of £25,000 pro rata for up to three days per week. We are open to
discussions around the payment terms and working pattern, e.g. freelance based on the needs of
• Dedicated industry mentor
• Access and opportunity to learn alongside the Belgrade’s Creative Director, industry professionals and community.
The applicant needs to be able to demonstrate experience and a level of competency in the specified field (lighting, sound or set/costume) and/or demonstrate a strong transferable skill. For example, someone working in fashion or carnival wishing to move into theatre costume design, a music producer or composer wanting to design sound for theatre or a designer who has experience in production art.
Applicants need to demonstrate strong experience and skills in their chosen design field (lighting, sound, set/costume) alongside:
• Passion for learning and developing skills
• Self-starter who is proactive with a thirst for knowledge
• Adaptable to opportunities that present
• Collaborative – someone who enjoys being part of a team
• Able to work independently and confidently to deliver research and present ideas.
For more information and to apply, download the Candidate Pack from the bottom of this page.
Listen to the Candidate Pack intro here:
Listen to an audio version of the Candidate Pack here:
Disability Confident Committed Employer
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, we have committed to:
- Ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.
- Communicating and promoting vacancies.
- Interviewing disabled people who meet the minimum job criteria.
- Anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- Supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- At least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
Find out more about the Disability Confident scheme here.
If you would like to be considered under the Disability Confident Employer Scheme please complete this form: Disability Confident Employer Scheme. If you are applying via the Disability Confident Employer Scheme please remember to reference that in your application so that we are aware.
Finally, if you need any support to help you apply, please don’t hesitate to get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will do our best to meet your needs.
For more information and to apply, download the Candidate Pack at the bottom of this page below.