The Belgrade Theatre is looking to appoint a Deputy Catering Manager. With City of Culture 2021, the Theatre’s own recently completed expansion plans and neighbouring property developments due to open in the next few years, there are huge opportunities for growth.
The post-holder will support the Catering Manager in overseeing the catering function of the Belgrade’s Operations Department, providing a quality food and drink experience to daytime and evening customers, and implementing an efficient, effective and smooth running of the Theatre’s Events & Conference operation. Specifically, the post holder will take responsibility for ensuring that the theatre maximises income from catering and conference sales and control expenditure and ensure full compliance with Health & Safety and Food Hygiene legislation.
- At least 3 years’ experience of working within a busy bar and food environment, as well as relevant conference and events experience
- At least 1 year successful experience of supervising a team of casual staff
- A demonstrable ability to:
– ensure compliance with Health & Safety and Food Hygiene legislation and working with Environmental Health Officers
– prepare (following instruction), present and sell food and drink
– supervise a team of permanent and casual staff in a busy working environment
– comply with cash handling procedures and use an EPOS system
- An understanding of developing new markets and products in a café and/or bar environment
- A polite, engaging and welcoming persona, and the ability to engage with customers, with good spoken and written English
- A thorough understanding of what makes good customer service and the ability to instil a positive ethos in others
- Energy, flair and enthusiasm
- Flexibility and willingness to embrace change
- Excellent team worker, supporting the work of colleagues as well as inviting support and input in return.
- Numerate and literate; Computer Literate: Proficiency in the use of Word, Outlook and Excel and wiliness to learn other computer packages used by the theatre
- To be an effective champion of the value of live Theatre
- Willingness to embrace the Belgrade Brand Values to be the people who know and care. The Belgrade’s character is AMBITIOUS: we have energy and drive to deliver excellence across all our work; BRAVE: we celebrate and encourage creativity and innovation in everyone; COLLABORATIVE: we work inclusively to achieve our goals.
• Experience of menu and product development in a café or similar environment
For a full job description download the Deputy Catering Manager Job Pack from the bottom of this page.