We are looking to recruit a Digital Producer to connect with new generations to invest in future forms of making and sharing work, with a focus on the development of artists, storytelling and new content within a dedicated digital space, working closely with the Creative Director and wider producing team.
Salary & Band: £31,000 pro rata
Department: Producing Team
Contract: Fixed term, 1 year
Hours: Part-time, 2 days a week
Deadline for Applications: 3o November
What you will do:
Producing Team Administration and Operations
• Lead producer for the Media Academy and other artist development and engagement programmes for ‘The Jag’, our associated space for digital play, content creation and digital innovation.
• Produce regular digital content such as, but not limited to, podcasts or games to connect with the Belgrade’s ever-growing audience. Content will be created in collaboration with the Creative Director, Creative Teams, Communications Teams and participants of the Media Academy.
• Effectively produce project-based activity linking across each department to ensure a joined-up approach to the work.
• To work with Communications Team and Creative Director to develop new and exciting ways to engage with communities online or via social media, using the Media Academy as the catalyst.
• Support the development of a digital strategy around ‘in-house’ productions, including capture and original digital content in collaboration with the Creative Director, the creative teams of Belgrade productions and the Communications Team.
• Where appropriate, capturing full productions for the theatre archive and to reach audiences unable to attend or previously out of reach for the theatre.
• Where appropriate, delivering on high quality cast recording and trailers for all our in-house productions and Belgrade seasons for archive and streaming purposes.
• To liaise with artists, contractors, filmmakers and editors in the creation of content and to oversee the filming and editing processes.
• Look after the welfare and needs of participants and creatives in their interactions with the rest of the Theatre.
• Ensure clear communication to all teams on the needs of project and production-based activity and ensure that these needs are met.
• Be reliable and self-servicing with regards to the administrative requirements of the job, including working within the Theatre’s GDPR policy, maintain robust records, keep appropriate data records secure and up to date, and report appropriately to partners and funders.
• Manage budgets for the work, reporting regularly to Director of Producing and Co-Creation.
• Work within the Theatre’s agreed finance and accountancy procedures.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
• Ensure that all activity for which you are responsible is properly evaluated, in line with the Theatre’s Evaluation Framework and that the necessary information is available for monitoring and evaluation.
• Work closely with members of the Communications Team on monitoring, reviewing & developing
strategies to engage communities with the broader Theatre.
• Undertake any other duties which are consistent with the function of the job including attending staff meetings and training courses.
• Develop an understanding of the Belgrade Theatre brand.
• Work at all times within the Theatre’s Equal Opportunities Policy, and especially to create and maintain equality of access for local people to appropriate activities for self-expression within an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect.
• Work within the Theatre’s policies, in particular within its Safety, Health and Environment policies, and ensure adherence to these policies by freelance workers.
• Act as ambassador for the Theatre in general.
• Act as the central point of contact for all staff, partners, local authorities, Local Partnerships, community groups and suppliers in relation to Community activities.
• Ensure an inclusive environment for the Belgrade’s work with participants and artists.
• Carry out any other duties as reasonably required by the role.
• Work in line with the Belgrade’s core values of inclusion, collaboration, evolution and authenticity.
What we are looking for:
• A track record of project managing or producing high quality, impactful digital content
• Highly organised with experience of managing multiple projects on time and to budget
• A track record of leading learning and engagement programmes, with young people
• An expertise in digital/screen skills
• Making videos, podcasts and images: be skilled in all aspects of digital media production, sound recording, capturing images, editing and crafting a story, often under time pressure
• An understanding of audience engagement and an aspiration to develop new global audiences for cultural work
• An enthusiasm for new writing and theatre
• Working with Marketing and Producing teams to maximise reach and impact of the work
• Sound judgement: making good editorial decisions quickly, knowing what tone to take with a story and how to intervene in an intense online discussion
For more information and to apply, download the Digital Producer Candidate Pack below.