Following the government’s announcement that England will enter a national lockdown, we’re sorry to announce that shows are unable to take place in our building until at least 22 February. Our online streamed events will continue as normal.
We’re currently speaking to the producers who are bringing shows to us during this period and our Box Office team will be contacting all affected bookers as soon as possible.
We appreciate your patience during this time, and if you’ve booked tickets for a show before 22 Feb, please wait for us to contact you, rather than email our Box Office team.
Thank you for your continued support. With our Spring Season now on sale and City of Culture starting in May, there’s plenty to look forward to when restrictions ease!
Our new Spring Season starts from April and is on sale now, so please do continue to support us by booking for some of the fantastic shows we have coming to the Belgrade in 2021. Our exchange and refund policy remains in place, in case any shows are unable to go ahead, so you can book with confidence. We can’t wait to welcome you back!
Guidelines for when we are open for events:
Please note that you may only be seated with other members of your household or support bubble.
At the Belgrade, the safety of our audiences and staff members remains our top priority. We have signed up to UK Theatre’s See It Safely initiative to ensure that your trip to the Belgrade is a safe and enjoyable one.
Find out what safety measures we have put in place below. If you have any questions or concerns that are not covered here you can email a member of our Box Office team via email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Belgrade.
Where possible, please consider walking or cycling for at least part of your journey. If you are using public transport be sure to check your route since it may have changed in light of COVID-19.
We will be opening the auditorium earlier to avoid audiences having to gather to enter at the same time. For some performances you may be given an arrival time when purchasing a ticket.
We ask you to arrive at least half an hour before the performance starts to allow for extra safety checks.
All tickets must be booked in advance so that we can monitor audience numbers. At present we are taking online bookings only whilst our Box Office team continue to work remotely. If you have any access needs please do email a member of the team via firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist you with your booking.
All tickets will be issued as either e-tickets to be displayed on a mobile phone, or print-at-home tickets. If you don’t have a smart phone to present an e-ticket at an event and are unable to print your ticket, please contact Box Office via email@example.com
We will need to take your contact details when booking in line with the government’s Track and Trace policy, and we will also be displaying QR codes for you to scan with the NHS COVID-19 App.
Tickets will be sold in groups of up to 6 people only. Each group will be socially distanced from one another in our auditoria by a minimum of 1 metre. Once in the auditorium you must stay in your allocated seat. If you want to enquire about a booking for a larger group, please contact Box Office via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to protect others, do not attend the venue if you:
• believe you may be infected with COVID-19
• have experienced symptoms in the last 14 days
• have been in close proximity to anyone who has experienced symptoms in the last 14 days
• have arrived in England in the last 14 days and are not covered by the exemption rules relating to self-isolation
• have been instructed to self-isolate.
If any of the above circumstances apply and you cannot attend please contact the Box Office via email@example.com and the face value of your tickets can be credited to your Belgrade account or refunded.
Face coverings must be worn at all times when visiting the Belgrade Theatre, unless you are seated while eating or drinking. Face coverings must be worn during the performance. You do not have to wear a face covering if:
- you have a physical or mental illness or impairment, or a disability that means you cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering
- putting on, wearing or removing a face covering would cause you severe distress
To find about more about face covering exemptions and to download an exemption card you can visit the government website here.
Please keep all belongings to a minimum and with you at all times.
We may be taking temperature checks at certain events – please refer to the show’s page on our website for more details.
If temperature checks are in place and we assess that your temperature is 37.8C or higher, you and those who were to be part of your fixed group of tickets will not be allowed to enter the venue and the face value of your tickets can be exchanged, credited to your Belgrade account or refunded.
You will need to maintain a distance of 2 metres from all other people throughout the building. Seating in our auditoria is distanced by a minimum of 1 metre.
Whilst the capacity in our auditoria has been greatly reduced, you may need to pass someone to take your seat. Please limit any risk by keeping your mask on and turning away as you pass.
To help keep you safe the venue will be thoroughly cleaned throughout the day, including before and after all performances. This will include the disinfecting of public areas including toilets, floors, doors and furniture.
Front of House staff and cleaners will follow safety guidelines which include wearing face coverings and gloves as appropriate.
We have also installed kick-pads on toilet doors reducing your need to touch them.
Seating in our open foyers is all socially distanced.
Hand sanitising stations have been set up for your use. We ask that you sanitise your hands upon entering and exiting the building.
Air handling will be switched on and used in our auditoria. Our air handling uses a fresh air and extracted air system. Some of this extracted air will be mixed with fresh air and returned to the theatre space. This increases the fresh air ventilation rate.
If you display COVID-19 symptoms following your visit to the Belgrade seek medical advice as soon as possible.
You will need to inform the Belgrade at the earliest opportunity so that we can contact other customers via Track and Trace. Please contact the Belgrade by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
• We have increased cleaning regimes.
• Social distancing measures have been implemented throughout the building.
• The Belgrade is working with the track and trace system by collecting details of all visitors (when attending a group if your name is on the register and we have your up to date contact details you do not need to additionally sign into the track and trace system – but other visitors (parents etc) should). If you are not sure if you have supplied us with your up to date contact details, you can sign into your account to here.
• Anyone who is 11+ should wear face coverings when arriving and leaving the Theatre and when in front of house areas, unless exemptions apply. During the workshop itself, participants have the option to wear them if they feel more comfortable doing so, but they do not have to wear them.
• Relevant government guidance is being regularly reviewed, followed and incorporated into our risk assessment to make workshops Covid secure.
• We have the ability to move sessions online should circumstances make this necessary.
• Our workshops have been re-planned to enable social distancing:
o We will be working with reduced numbers.
o We will be working in our larger rooms only.
o Groups which include those aged 18+ will follow the rules relating to ‘meeting others safely’ which whilst in Tier 2 require strict social distancing with no mingling or social interaction between those from different households, participants must follow these requirements throughout their time at the Belgrade for these workshops.
o Groups which are solely of those under 18 are exempt from the ban on meeting with those from other households indoors but are still required to operate with social distancing.
o We will be putting measures in place to make judging distance easier, such as grid systems marked on the floor.
o Workshops will not involve singing, chanting, shouting or use of wind instruments or whistles.
o We will be ventilating spaces as much as possible (participants may wish to bring an extra jumper!)
o We will not be sharing props or workshop materials (we may ask you to provide some of your own).
o We will encourage good hygiene measures, access to hand washing facilities and hand sanitizer will be provided.
o Breaks will be with appropriate social distancing & supervision (also they may be outside weather permitting).
• Should a participant start to experience Covid like symptoms whilst in attendance they will isolate whilst waiting to be collected – spaces worked in will then be deep cleaned.
Covid 19 Secure measures – What we ask of participants/parents
• Those with Covid symptoms or living with someone who has Covid symptoms must not attend (please inform us asap should this situation develops after you have attended our workshops).
• Should you develop Covid like symptoms whilst at our workshops you must inform a member of our staff asap.
• You should also inform us if you have recently been at one of our workshops and then need to take a Covid test and keep us informed of the result, on returning to the group we will need to see a negative test or know that a complete isolation period has passed.
• If possible we encourage the avoidance of public transport when travelling to the workshops.
• When arriving please enter the building through the doors opposite Bella Italia.
• When attending please only bring essential personal items with you, each participant will have a small area marked in which they can keep their belongings separately
• Whilst at our workshops staff will guide participants through the measures we are putting in place to enable social distancing and minimise the risk of transmission, we ask for your co-operation in this.
• If there is anything you are unsure of please ask us – keeping everyone safe is a team effort so all questions welcome!