Privacy & Cookies
The Belgrade Theatre is registered under the 1998 Data Protection act – registration number Z9729865.
What information do we collect from you?
The Belgrade may collect information that you provide to us for the purpose of purchasing tickets, subscribing to our website services, posting a message to the comments section of our website, email notifications, newsletters and/or marketing information. This may include your name, address, telephone number(s), email address, purchase history and credit card details where applicable.
How do we use personal data?
We will use your personal information to process your bookings or orders and to provide you with the services, products or information you have requested. We may need to share your information with our service providers and agents for these purposes. If you have provided credit card details, these will only be used for the purpose of handling an individual booking or order.
We also analyse the personal information that you and others provide in order to obtain a better understanding of our audiences and improve the services that we have on offer.
The Personal Information you supply when you join one of our mailing lists will be used by The Belgrade Theatre to keep you up-to-date with events and activities.
When purchasing tickets you are given the opportunity to opt in to receiving news and information from The Belgrade Theatre and other arts organisations by either post and or email. The Belgrade Theatre will only pass on your Personal Information if the relevant box has been ticked. In these instances, we supply your Personal Information for one-off use by the other arts organisation. Each e-mail we send you offers you the opportunity to opt out of these preferences. You can also ask us to do this, by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may change your preferences or your account details in the ‘My Account’ section at the top of our website home page. We may from time to time ask you for further information in order to update our records or for particular purposes.
We may collect generic information about your visits to and use of the Site such as your Internet Provider (IP) addresses, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. Individual users will not be identifiable from this information and we may use this information for a number of purposes such as optimising the use of the website or for security purposes. In particular, we may use an analytics service provider for website traffic analysis and reporting and to track information such as which browser and IP address you are using to access our website, in addition to tracking your movements around our website.
Sharing your information with others
Improving our understanding
From time to time we conduct surveys and promotions and may request information from you as part of these. Participation in these is entirely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose any information which might be required.
Any materials or information that you post to the comments section of our website may be visible to other users and is stored on our servers for the purposes of making the Site and content available. We do not collect, store or use any personal information contained in any such post for any other purpose. We advise you to be selective about what information you post on the Site or that you provide to other users.
Summary of how we use your data:
• To ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with marketing communications, news and information about our products, services and events that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To provide you with marketing about products, services and news and communications of other third parties that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To provide customer service in relation to your use of the website, to deal with enquiries and complaints relating to the use of the website and to notify you about changes to our service.
• To administer, support, improve and develop our website.
• To personalise the website so as to improve your user browsing experience.
• To internally monitor users’ use of the website to enable us to analyse audience make-up, track booking patterns, review audience attendance and review other website behaviour in order to determine what other products, services and events you may be interested in and in order to assist us improve our business generally.
• To provide third parties with statistical information about our users, but this information will not be able to be used to identify any individual user.
How we protect information
We take every precaution to protect your information. To this end all Personal Information stored by us is kept on a remote server in a secure environment. Only employees and approved contractors/developers we may appoint from time to time and who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
Links to Third Party Websites
The Belgrade Theatre does link to other third party websites such as YouTube and Facebook. Please refer to the Cookies section later in this document for further information. Please note that Belgrade Theatre is not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites and recommends users to also check the privacy policies of other websites before registering any personal data linked to these sites.
Users under 18
If you are under 18, please ensure that you obtain your parent/guardian’s consent beforehand whenever you provide Personal Information to the website. Users without such consent are not allowed to provide us with Personal Information.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. They make it possible for us to provide our online ticketing service and track visitor statistics, such as returning visitors and personalise content options.
Cookies enable us to recognise your computer when you visit our website and can therefore identify members or customers eligible for offers, identify your preferences and tailor your visit to suit your needs more accurately. Cookies also speed up your searches and improve the websites usability for marketing purposes.
Cookies set on www.belgrade.co.uk fall into 4 main groups:
• Content Management System: The website does not set any cookies unless the user visits a secure page accessed via a personal log in. It then identifies the visitor’s membership level and tracks that user’s session.
• On-page analytics: Google Analytics (a free service offered by Google that generates detailed statistics about the visitors to a website) is used to track activity on every page.
This is the cookie used to track customers through the booking process and is essential to make the site function properly.
The system sets another cookie when users log in – this allows users to start the checkout process, or log in, and then go to a different part of the website. It is also essential to the functioning of the site.
Because some browsers (Cough, Safari) don’t like Third Party Cookies by default – Spektrix tries to set a test cookie before letting people start the booking process. If this fails, then customers are directed to a cookies help page. It is essential to the functioning of the site.
Belgrade Theatre’s YouTube channel sets cookies according to YouTube’s privacy and cookie policies, which will track users across the YouTube web properties. Additional tracking and personalisation cookies will be set if a user logs in to this service, and this data is then stored by Google (and possibly tied to other Google-stored information).
Belgrade Theatre’s Facebook page sets cookies according to YouTube’s privacy and cookie policies, which will track users across Facebook web properties. Additional tracking and personalisation cookies will be set if a user logs in to this service, and this data is then stored by Facebook.
Belgrade Theatre’s Twitter profile page sets cookies for user tracking:
• Google Analytics (data received by Twitter)
• Twitter session and referrer tracking: Belgrade Theatre’s Twitter profile page sets cookies according to Twitter privacy and cookie policies, which will track users across Twitter’s web properties. Additional tracking and personalisation cookies will be set if a user logs in to this service, and this data stored by Twitter.
The Belgrade Theatre recommends that you allow cookies on your computer to enable us to provide you with the best possible service. If cookies are disabled we cannot guarantee the full functionality of the site.
Please note that we are not responsible for information available on these websites.May 2012