While the Zoom Webinar platform is very exciting and offers lots of ways to communicate and interact, it’s not fool-proof. Unfortunately, even with security in place, we cannot control everything so it’s really important we share the below.
• The event will take place on the online platform Zoom Webinar, and can be accessed through the shared link by entering the password.
• We also recommend you arrive at least 5 minutes before the session is due to begin. You can hang out in our pre-session waiting room and we will let you in when the session begins. This will allow time for contingency.
• If you have any access requirements you would like us to know about in advance, don’t hesitate to contact us.
• While we are doing all that we can to ensure all sessions run smoothly and safely online, we recognise that there is the possibility of technical glitches, and a session being hacked.
• Unfortunately, hackers have been known to share uncomfortable, inappropriate and
disturbing material on this platform.
• In the case of any disruption to a session due to online hackers, we will do our best to close the session immediately in the moment. In this instance, please check your emails if there is enough of the session remaining, we will send a new link and ask you to join a new session. If, however this occurs towards the end of a session, we may not come back together. We will let you know by email
• We want to work digitally to connect, create work and support each other. In order to do this, we may need to use digital platforms. When using these platforms, it is important to protect you and your families and follow our online code of conduct.
Live Video Chat: Rules of Engagement
• Be kind.
• Never use your full name, first names will do.
• Make sure people you are living with know you are on a live video chat. Don’t include them in the chat.
• Wear appropriate clothing, even on parts of you that you think won’t be seen.
• Remember it’s easy to misinterpret things online.
• Refer to a group leader directly if you feel worried about anything
• Do not record or take photos of anything without the others’ consent.
• If you are worried about anything message the session leader.